Same day dental implants in Hertfordshire
Please note, prices are subject to change. An accurate estimate can only be given at the time of your assessment.
What is it?
Same day dental implants are good if you have failing teeth which need to be removed. All your bad teeth are removed gently, under local anaesthetic and sedation, and replaced with implants and new teeth on the same day. It is also known as same day full jaw implants, all on 4, all on 4, etc.
Here is a video giving you a good explanation:
This treatment protocol may also be suitable:
• if you have no teeth
• if you wear a denture which you would like to get rid of.
Advantages of the Same Day Smile Protocol with Dental Implants
- No more dentures
- Bite into your favourite foods
- No denture glue
- Smile without worrying your teeth will fall out
- Fixed teeth in a day
- Eat comfortably with secure teeth
- No plastic on your palate
- No more thick plastic in your mouth
Which patients are suited for the Same Day Smile Protocol?
• Patients who have loose or decayed (rotten) teeth
• Patients with very few teeth left
• Patients with non-functional teeth
• Patients with bite problems (e.g. cannot chew their food)
• Patients with ill-fitting dentures
• Patients who want to get rid of their dentures
• Patients who do not want to wear dentures
How is the treatment carried out and how much does it cost?
Phase 1: MULTIPLE VISITS
Firstly, we need to make sure that you are a suitable patient for this type of treatment. It will involve detailed planning. Certain records like impressions, x-rays, photographs and CT scanning need to be taken, all which are done in our clinic. We’ll assess you for the suitable type of sedation protocol, should you wish to go down this route. If you don’t have an existing denture which we can work with, a new one will have to be constructed so that we can choose the correct shape, colour and size of your new teeth and smile. This is the denture that will be made smaller and converted into your same day fixed bridge.
Phase 2: FULL DAY CARE
On the day of your actual treatment, there will be a team of dentists, nurses, sedation staff and dental technicians to help facilitate your care. You’ll receive pain killers and local anaesthetic before we start.
If your need teeth to be extracted, this will be done on this day and 4-6 implants placed in your jaw, under sedation.
After your dental implants have been inserted, we will give you a rest. During this time, our technical team will convert your bulky denture (made in phase 1) into a comfortable fitting bridge. This bridge will be attached to your implants and the dentist will make the necessary adjustments to make it feel comfortable in your mouth.
We will advise you to rest for the next 2-3 days with your new set of fixed teeth.
We will see you for a review appointment 7-10 days later to make sure everything is ok and give you further advice on how to look after your new set of fixed permanent teeth.
Phase 3: MULTIPLE VISITS
We will see you again 3-4 months later so that you can have your final strong bridge constructed.
Why do I have to wait 3-4 months for the final bridge construction?
Most implant dentistry which is done in a day is usually provisional and needs to be revisited later. This is because we need to let the gums heal and allow the bone to grip and grow around the implants. This process usually takes 3-4 months.
Can I have both jaws done on the same day?
This is an all-day procedure which is time consuming and technique sensitive. We will work with you to decide upon the best protocol: single jaw or both jaws.
The procedural fee is £15,000 per jaw, which includes the full planning, sedation, teeth extractions, implant placements, 1st fixed bridge construction and 2nd bridge construction a few months later. There are quicker (and perhaps cheaper) ways to provide the Same Day Smile protocol, but we choose to provide the highest quality of care for our patients. We want your new teeth to be precisely engineered so that they fit well and look great.
The payment is due in 3 stages:
• £1000 at phase 1
• £8500 at phase 2
• £5500 at phase 3
• You can choose to pay with a combination of credit card, debit card, cash or cheque.
You may decide to go for the pay monthly option for £15,000 or part of. Example of monthly payments if you decide to finance the full £15,000:
• One-year interest-free: £1250 a month for 12 months
• Two years: £690 a month for 24 months
• Three years: £460 a month for 36 months
• Four years: £340 a month for 48 months
• Five years: £275 a month for 60 months
• You may need to wear a soft gum shield to cushion your teeth from breaking if you have a tendency to clench or grind your teeth or if you have a strong bite. This is usually worn at night.
• You’ll still need to clean your new implant teeth with a soft electric toothbrush, interdental brushes, super-floss and a Waterpik machine daily.
• We advise 6-12 monthly examination visits to ensure that there are no major issues.
• We’ll guarantee our work for a period of one year from your final appointment. It is difficult to give a life time guarantee on implants, as the human body is specialised machine and subject to disease, medical issues and general wear and tear. But by over-engineering and providing your treatment with set protocols, your final appliance will be optimised to look great and last a long time.
How do I book my consultation?